Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Very Late Treasure Thursday...Sorry!

Hello everyone! So sorry this is so late but things were crazy at the end of the week. The ankle-biters school said they didn't have her immunization records on file and so I had to get a hold of someone from her old school and it became this huge mess. I was on the phone all day. Ugh! Then the ankle biter got really sick and things just took over control. It is a shame because I was so excited to do another Treasure Thursday again!

So here are some treasure that I found the other day on a unplanned trip to a local antique mall. I love those kind of trips. I also came across my dream dining set there but unfortunely out of my current budget. I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that it will still be there for a little longer. Keep your fingers crossed too please!

Anywho! This is what I did walk out with. I am so excited with my haul!

I got these great scarfs to tie my hair up in to hide my roots showing while I grow the color out before I bleach it. 

 This is my "Collection" loot. The camera is for my vintage camera collection. The head vase is for my head vase collection. I got the Alice in Wonderland book because it is one of my favorite books and the Art in the Elementary School book because I am hoping someday soon I can finally get in the classroom as an art educator. 

Here is another "Collection" loot for my Fiesta collection. I love dark green color of this pitcher. It will go nicely with the other colors I have. 

 This is the holy grail of treasure finds for me. I have been searching and searching for this Pyrex mixing bowl set. I have seen some outrageous prices for this set. Some $100!! This set was just sitting off to the side on a table. I could not believe my eyes when it said $30 and there was a sign saying everything in the stall was on sale. I looked them over and there were some minor scratches but I could live with that. I am sure I will be putting some more on there myself any ways. I was just glad that there was all four and at a price I could afford. I grabbed them and ran to the register with my fingers crossed that they weren't going to tell me they were miss priced. 



This is one of the dining sets I saw at the antique mall. I loved that this one was big enough to sit 6 people versus the tiny table I have that can really only sit 2 but can sit 4. *Sorry the picture is kind of blurry but people were walking around me and I was worried someone would see me and say "hey you can't take pictures here!"
 How awesome is this cupboard! I would love to fill it with my colorful fiesta ware. This is also on my wishlist. I really wish the vendor did layaway but that was a no go. 

This is the other table that I fell in love with. I really like that this table has two leaves. I am looking for a table that could sit several people for when family come to visit or the future dinner parties I will be throwing when I finally have my own place.
 This is the chairs that go with the above table. How cool are the ornate handles and the inlay flower on the seat. 

This is another little cupboard I found in the same stall. This would be great in my future kitchen. I love the bread box down in the  third drawer.
This is the ankle biter enjoying the games they have in the back of the machine. She saves all her quarters for when we come here. She loves playing the bowling game, skee-ball game, and the pinball machines. She also loves grabbing a coke or orange soda from the quarter soda machines and watches old three stooges episodes on the retro tvs while her mom and nana pay for all the treasures. 




 If you are near the central PA area you have to visit this antique mall. It is seriously my favorite place ever! It is so huge sometimes it takes us two visit to get through it all.

Old Sled Works Antique mall in Duncannon, Pa

No comments:

Post a Comment