Monday, July 23, 2012

Wildwood, Nj/ICE AGE 4/Corning,Ny/Antiquing/ Bumper Cars

PHEWW!!~ That was one crazy week! My mom took the week off and boy did me make the most of it. I drove us to Wildwood and back on Tuesday. I do not recommend driving 4hrs, going to the beach, then driving 4hrs back. My body was so sore and stiff and I was a little on the crabby side. I am ever so grateful for travel activity bags.

We crashed all of Wednesday. I think I layed on the couch for the first half of the day then out on our screened porch for the rest. Then I had to take my mom to get her hair done. Thursday we went to see Ice Age 4 and loved every minute of it. What a hilarious movie. I love all four of the movies! The little ankle-biter really enjoyed it too. She still talks about it today.

Friday we went to the Corning Museum of Glass in Corning NY. It is about 2 and 1/2 hours from us and something I have wanted to do for such a long time. I was not excited about getting in the car again even if it was only for 2hrs. Tuesday really ruined the car for me now. I don't want to drive anywhere now. It was so worth it though! The museum is so amazing and all of the different glass sculptures just blow your mind at what people can do with glass. The cherry on top of it all is that I got to MAKE MY OWN GLASS SCULPTURE!! I have wanted to do this since I learned about Dale Chihuly in college. I even made a flower in honor of him. Luci saw what I was about to do and instantly had to make something as well so we signed her up. She made a little sun catcher. Monkey see monkey do with that one. It was such an amazing thing. You get to sit there and do every step in making the glass except put the rod in the glass and the furnace to reheat it. I kept sitting there watching the others make their sculptures and was like "OOOHHH! I want to make that!" You can take classes there and if it was a little closer I would so sign up. Maybe birthday gift for next year. I didn't get any pictures because my mom was with Luci in the other room while I was making mine so Ill post some once it arrives. I should be later this week I believe. I can't wait! I am soo excited.

The next day we went to check out this new antique mall and all I can say is "WOW!" I want to go back soo badly. The one stall had nothing but vintage hankies, sheets, aprons, napkins, table cloths, fabric, and more all in these big rubber-maid bins. I just kept digging and digging with my elbows deep in vintage material. I walked out with some cute aprons, a Virginia glass(I started a collection of state glasses years ago, I think I only have like 4 though), and some other goodies. The little ankle-biter made out like a bandit. She of course collects Lucy from the Peanuts items. She walked out with a vintage plastic Lucy tea pot, a Lucy figurine, and a Lucy glass. She also fell in love with this Precious Moments Christmas musical snow-globe for $10 that used her powers of persuasion on her Nana to get it. Pretty much begging and begging till we were so annoyed we just caved in.  I will post the pictures on Treasure Thursday.

Finally our last day of vacation we went to a little amusement park near where we live, Knobels Amusement Park. I have been going there since I was the ankle-biters age and younger. It is the best park hands down. Disney who? It is free to get in, park, and each ride costs a ticket which ranges from .75 to 2.50. If you love rides it is best to get a hand stamp. The ankle-biter got two vouchers for a book of stamps for her birthday and so she was in heaven. If she said " I want to go on that ride!" then we went on it. There was only a few I had to say no to, the roller-coasters(NO WAY!!), and sadly one of the kiddie rides because she was too tall. She is getting too big. I love though that her favorite rides are the Haunted House, which we are rated one of the best haunted house rides, and the kiddie roller coaster. That is about as close to a roller coaster she is going to get when I am the only one with her. We of course have to go on the tea cups, the tilt-a-whirl, the train ride, the boats, and the list goes on. Along the way we stop for the best pizza ever, as well as the funnel cake, my favorite french fries ever, and before we leave ice cream. It was so hot everyone was waiting on the bridge for the Skloosh to come down and splash a huge wave on them. I felt so bad because Luci so wanted to go up there to cool down but I was so exhausted I totally forgot. OOps! Maybe next month when we plan to go swimming at the pool. If you are looking for a great place to enjoy yourself but not pay your whole budget or just want a unique place to go check out Knobels. They also have camping cottages which is something I would love to do with all the family.

Check out my pictures on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment