Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday Marilyn!



Hello again! I am truly sorry for being so out of action lately but when life takes control all you can do is just go with the flow. I feel terrible since I so wanted to post a birthday post for one of the greatest icons to ever live, Miss Marilyn Monroe.

Marilyn Monroe, born Norma Jeane Mortenson, is one of histories most famous singer, model, and actress. I have always loved and sympathized for her. She was such a talented performer and much smarter than she was portrayed. Everyone around her wanted her to be this dumb blonde bimbo so that she was more attractive to men. She fought this image her whole career but also knew when to use it for her advantage.

She is one of the most popular and influential deceased icons today. Look at popular culture today. There was a movie about her life based on a best selling book, there is a show SMASH, which I just finally caught up on and is truly obsessed with, Mad Men who?. Another movie starring Naomi Watts is said to be about Marilyn, called Blonde. There is also talks of a Hologram concert to be done in the near future. There is so controversy about whether this should be done but I am a huge fan of the idea. As long as it is done in good taste I don't see any problem with it. Marilyn continues to still influence fashion and the beauty industry. I even had my hair and makeup done just like Marilyn for my senior prom.

Her love story with Joe Dimaggio is another tragic love story to add on to the huge list of tragic celebrity love stories. He adored her and I believe she truly loved him as well and just wanted to have a normal life. Unfortunely Hollywood and everyone else got in the way. I think that if they were left alone and people were not after her like rabid dogs they would have found that simple happiness they were after and lived happily for quite some time.

I adore her as a person, singer, actress, model, and icon. There are so many people in this world that also love her so dearly which is so sad because all she wanted in her life was to be truly loved.

What is your favorite Marilyn Monroe Film? That's a hard one for me. I love them all, Bus Stop is a close one, but then there is Some Like It Hot, or what about The Seven Year Itch, or Gentlemen Prefer Blondes? Ok maybe just your top five picks I wont make you have to choose one because obviously it is way to hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment