Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cheerios/Headvasemuseum

On This Day


Is your go to healthy snack for kids Cheerios? Did you gobble their yumminess as a child? Did you know that on this day in 1941 General Mills introduced a cereal that would later become on of the first foods a child was introduced. It was first called CheeriOats then in 1945 it was changed to Cherrio's. In the 1950's to the 1960's Cherrios had the "Cheerio Kids", a boy and his girlfriend Sue, in their commercials. The kids would have some problem then after refueling with a bowl of Cherrios would be able to solve the problem. I am partial to the 1980's commercial that included the Peanuts Gang, because A.) I am an 80's child and B.) we are HUGE collectors of Lucy or Peanuts items due to our own Luci. I was shocked at how many different types of Cheerios that have come out. I believer there have been 17 different types of Cheerios not including the snack mixes that came out in 2008. My favorite still remains Honey Nut Cherrios. I was never a big fan of the original once I was past my toddler ages. I just saw they came out with Peanut Butter ones and just might have to give those a try. Luci loves the Chocolate ones, if it is chocolate she is up for it. Are you a lover of the original or do you have another flavor that you like?


Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheerios

*Here is a Peanuts Gang Commercial. Hope you enjoy!


Head Vase Museum

Have you ever seen something online and then after clicking on it discovered that it wasn't what you were planning on finding? I recently did this. I was just clicking away on my recent online pursuits when I noticed a link for a Head Vase Museum. I clicked on it faster than my fingers could move. I was jumping in my seat as the page loaded. I started clicking everything trying find where this glorious museum could be located hoping that it was not across country or worse out of the country. I later discovered to my disappointment that the museum is only online. Now it is an amazingly useful website and I have bookmarked it for future reference with my collecting but I was so excited about going to an actual place where I could be surrounded my the amazingness of Head Vases. I have a very beginners collection. I only own four vases. I have come to discover that this is not a cheap collection to be involved in. On the website I discovered that many of the vases can cost up to over $300. Yikes! I try to keep my eyes open and if I see a reasonable one I will pick it up. I have actually had to let many vases go because of their price tags. If you are an avid Head Vase fan or would like to check them out I encourage you to visit the site headvasemuseum.com. It is worth the visit. If you collect head vases I would love to hear about your collection or anything else that you might collect. Was there one that got away that you still think about with great sadness?

No comments:

Post a Comment